First time at Getting More God? You may want to start here.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Passion #2 - Activity

I've decided that my passions are best summed up by the unflattering acronym FATME. We've covered the "F" (Family) and now, we're covering the "A" (Activity) as I continue to introduce you to the passions I hope to use to bring about a deeper love of the Lord.

When it comes to activity, the bottom line is I love it

I love watching sports and playing sports. We will get much more into this in the coming days. I fully intend to develop a love of sports, or at least an appreciation of them, in anyone who reads this blog. But for now, some pics of sports and I loving one another...



Lots of the posts you'll read here in the future will surround this second passion and in each one, I'm going to challenge myself to see how my affections for Christ can be stirred by sports and physical activity. Like so many things, they can be an act of worship if my mindset is right. I would be lying if I said I constantly thought, "Glory to you, God!" while jogging in the humidity, about to die. I actually am thinking, "What in the We should move on.

I wholeheartedly believe all good things come from above (James 1:17) and to me, sports are good. Join me in future posts as I attempt to focus this passion on the giver of those good things.

Learn about the "T" in FATME right here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment