First time at Getting More God? You may want to start here.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Organization

I'm a conscientious student. I like to know what I'm about to be told and what I can expect to learn from it. I like everything to have a place and for things to flow rightfully in order. I am a list-maker. Anyone with me? If so, this post is for you.

Out of respect for my fellow borderline OCD-ers out there, I thought I'd lay a little organization on this blog and give you an idea of what you can expect to find here.

As you know, all posts will center themselves on one of my five main passions. Those were covered from the start of the blog, so if you haven't read up, start here. And I will challenge myself to see how, and consequently write about how, those passions stir my affections for Christ and remind me of His love for me.

So that's the focus of the blog, overall. But lets get a little more detailed.

In an effort to be sure that I focus on my passions equally (instead of just those that lend themselves to beautiful prose, ha!), I have created a calendar plan of sorts. It will look something like this:

Mondays: Money Matters Mondays - Check in on Mondays to learn about how I started couponing and saving tons of money (just 10 months ago) and all the tips I can think of! Also, I'll teach everything I know about the "Envelope System"
Tuesdays: Sports Talk Tuesdays - Ok, ladies! It's time for you to become a social butterfly in the world of sports! No longer do you need to just make the food for the Superbowl Party. Now, you can make some conversation, too! Click over here on Tuesdays for some Sports Talk, girl style! I'll break everything down so that anyone can get a good grasp of what makes each sport so entertaining!(Guys - share this with your wives and girlfriends and open up a whole new world in your relationship! haha)
Wednesdays: Worldwide Wednesdays - Let's talk travel! I mean, face it. We're all physically behind a computer screen somewhere not entirely awesome...so let's mentally get out of here! I'll share top deals for travel, my travel stories and recommendations, and daydream alongside you for our next great adventure!
Thursdays: Healthy Thursdays - I love being healthy...in the most unhealthy ways. Lol! Come find out how I balance my not so veggie-heavy diet with a healthy body and active lifestyle. I'll share the tips I've learned along the way and things that have worked for me for years. I'll also ask advice and try to grow in my commitment to healthy living.
Fridays: Family Time Fridays - Here, it's all about the fam! Check in on Fridays for stories about family. Get to know me better and share your stories, too. I want this blog to build relationships, and this will be a great starting point!

So there you have it! You can all rest easy now that you know the tentative plan. Of course things change. Inspirations outside of the daily labels will hit me, and I'll just ask that you sit patiently and enjoy whatever random content I throw at you. But for the most part, you can bet on the things above as the staples for this blog. Relieved? Me too.

I'm so excited about writing. I'm excited about getting to know strangers across the globe. And I'm so excited about finding God in so many places that I've ignored his presence for all these years. He's there. He really is. Let's seek Him out...

0 comments:

Post a Comment